Monday, June 6, 2011

Man, I feel like a wife...AGAIN!

Today was our last day of school and it feels so good to be done! My after school job ended Monday, so when I got home I was able to relax a little before jumping into my wifely duties. It is so nice to not be exhausted by the time I get home. When I got home today at 4:30 I was able to sit and relax, get a load of laudry in, and get dinner ready. To be honest I can't remember the last time I actually made dinner. I love being a wife and all that it entails, I love cooking and cleaning, taking care of my hubby, and taking care of the home. I love summers because I feel like I get to be a wife again.


Tonight I made Grilled Chile-Lime shrimp with couscous.

1 tsp. Finely grated lime peel
i/1 Tbs. lime juice
1 jalapeno seeded and finely minced
2 Tbs. low sodium soy sauce
3 tbs. olive oil
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 Tbs. honey
2 Tbs. cilantro
1 1/2 lb. medium shrimp (6 per person)

Mix all ingredients except shrimp in a bowl. Peel shrimp except for tail and devein. Place shrimp in bag and dump marinade on top. Marinade for 20 minutes. Place shrimp on cutting board and place them in groups of 6. Using 2 skewers for each group, skewer the shrimp together. Grill shrimp on an oiled grill rack for 2 minutes per side. I paired it with couscous mixed with parsley...delicious!

Enjoy a lower calorie meal.

No comments: