Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Steak with Mushroom
Portobello Mushrooms (stems removed)
Garlic and herb boursin cheese
packet of bernaise sauce
Montreal Steak seasoning
Marinate steaks and portobellos in olive oil, balsamic vinigar, and steak seasoning (on the steaks only)
Start grilling the steaks, then add the mushrooms to the grill (they cook faster than the steaks)
While the steaks and mushrooms are grilling cook bernaise saice according to packet directions. Also slice boursin cheese in round slices about 1/4 inch thick. Take steaks and mushrooms off the grill. Put 1 mushroom on a plate, top it with a slice of the boursin cheese, top that with the steak and add a little bernaise sauce on top.
YUM YUM YUM, you've got yourself a nice gourmet meal!
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Muster is on my mind because this year there is a girl, I never met, who will not be here to say "Here." Someone else will be saying here in her place. Her name is Lauren she would be completing her Junior year at A&M this spring and probably getting her Aggie ring. The summer before her Freshman year she asked me to be friends with her on Facebook because she saw that I too was an Education major. We never met, but I know that she would have made a great teacher. I know that one day I will meet her in heaven. Lauren you are on the mind of Aggies everywhere today! And for you Lauren, I softly answer "here."
Saturday, April 10, 2010
How do you keep healthy and in shape?
I am definitely not a work out person...I am just too lazy or I don't like it (even though I feel so much better after working out). I have really been making it a goal to eat healthier, I have been buy a lot of fruit and eating it too :) and just about every day at work I have a salad for lunch. I think having this second job is a plus and a minus. Plus: I eat less and am constantly on my feet for 5 hours. Minus: I tend to eat at weird times.
I am really going to try and go for a walk with my dog everday that I am not working at Loft.
I have a gym membership and I really should use it so I am not wasting the money.
I would like to try and do at least 20 minutes a day of Wii fit Yoga
I feel like I have more goals, dreams, and aspirations then actual, physical working out. I have download some Aps on my phone to help with calorie count during the day and even some work out suggestions.
PLEASE SEND ME IDEAS!!
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Please keep a friend of mine in your prayers: She was I think 10 weeks pregnant and today lost her baby. I know that God has incredible plans for this family, but she is in a lot of pain. This is her second pregnancy to loose a child and she so badly desires a baby. Please keep them in your prayers.
Subject: Why God Made Moms
Answers given by 2nd grade school children to the following questions:
Why did God make mothers?
1. She's the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
2. Mostly to clean the house.
3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.
How did God make mothers?
1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
2. Magic - plus super powers and a lot of stirring.
3. God made my Mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts.
What ingredients are mothers made of?
1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.
2. They had to get their start from men's bones. Then, they mostly use string, I think.
Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom?
1. We're related.
2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's moms like me.
What kind of little girl was your mom?
1. My Mom has always been my mom and none of that other stuff.
2. I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.
3. They say she used to be nice.
What did mom need to know about dad before she married him?
1. His last name.
2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?
3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?
Why did your mom marry your dad?
1. My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my Mom eats a lot.
2. She got too old to do anything else with him.
3. My grandma says that Mom didn't have her thinking cap on.
Who's the boss at your house?
1. Mom doesn't want to be boss, but she has to because dad's such a goof ball.
2. Mom. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.
3. I guess Mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than dad.
What's the difference between moms & dads?
1. Moms work at work and work at home and dads just go to work at work.
2. Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
3. Dads are taller & stronger, but moms have all the real power 'cause that's whoyou got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friend's.
4. Moms have magic; they make you feel better without medicine.
What does your mom do in her spare time?
1. Mothers don't do spare time.
2. To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.
What would it take to make your mom perfect?
1. On the inside she's already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of plastic surgery.
2. Diet. You know, her hair. I'd diet, maybe blue.
If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?
1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I'd get rid of that.
2. I'd make my mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did it and not me.
3. I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back of her head.
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
I know I know, I'm late...
Monday: Drew is on his own, I'm working
Tuesday: Taquitos and corn dogs (yum yum...something quick before bible study)
Wednesday: Hot dogs, mac and cheese, and fruit (something quick before Financial Peace University)
Thursday: Chicken Piccata with pasta
Friday: Drew fends for himself...I work
- Breakfast: Waffles with fruit
- Lunch: Sandwiches
- Dinner: Grilled Chicken sausage, asparagus, and salad with the Lovelaces YEAH!!!
Sunday: With the family and leftovers.
Sunday, April 4, 2010
There is love that came for us
Humbled to a sinner's cross you broke my shame and sinfuless you rose again victorious
Faithfulness none can deny through the strom and through the fire there is truth that sets me free Jesus Christ who lives in me
You are stronger you are stronger
Sin is broken you have saved me it is written Christ is risen Jesus you are Lord of all
No beginning and no end You're my hope and my defence you came to seek and save the lost you paid it all upon the cross
So let your name be lifted higher
Be lifted higher be lifted higher
Friday, April 2, 2010
32 Along the way, they came across a man named Simon, who was from Cyrene,[g] and the soldiers forced him to carry Jesus’ cross. 33 And they went out to a place called Golgotha (which means “Place of the Skull”). 34 The soldiers gave him wine mixed with bitter gall, but when he had tasted it, he refused to drink it.
35 After they had nailed him to the cross, the soldiers gambled for his clothes by throwing dice.[h] 36 Then they sat around and kept guard as he hung there. 37 A sign was fastened to the cross above Jesus’ head, announcing the charge against him. It read: “This is Jesus, the King of the Jews.” 38 Two revolutionaries[i] were crucified with him, one on his right and one on his left.
39 The people passing by shouted abuse, shaking their heads in mockery. 40 “Look at you now!” they yelled at him. “You said you were going to destroy the Temple and rebuild it in three days. Well then, if you are the Son of God, save yourself and come down from the cross!”
41 The leading priests, the teachers of religious law, and the elders also mocked Jesus. 42 “He saved others,” they scoffed, “but he can’t save himself! So he is the King of Israel, is he? Let him come down from the cross right now, and we will believe in him! 43 He trusted God, so let God rescue him now if he wants him! For he said, ‘I am the Son of God.’” 44 Even the revolutionaries who were crucified with him ridiculed him in the same way.
45 At noon, darkness fell across the whole land until three o’clock. 46 At about three o’clock, Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Eli, Eli,[j] lema sabachthani?” which means “My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?”[k]
47 Some of the bystanders misunderstood and thought he was calling for the prophet Elijah. 48 One of them ran and filled a sponge with sour wine, holding it up to him on a reed stick so he could drink. 49 But the rest said, “Wait! Let’s see whether Elijah comes to save him.”[l]
50 Then Jesus shouted out again, and he released his spirit. 51 At that moment the curtain in the sanctuary of the Temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. The earth shook, rocks split apart, 52 and tombs opened. The bodies of many godly men and women who had died were raised from the dead. 53 They left the cemetery after Jesus’ resurrection, went into the holy city of Jerusalem, and appeared to many people.
54 The Roman officer[m] and the other soldiers at the crucifixion were terrified by the earthquake and all that had happened. They said, “This man truly was the Son of God!”
55 And many women who had come from Galilee with Jesus to care for him were watching from a distance. 56 Among them were Mary Magdalene, Mary (the mother of James and Joseph), and the mother of James and John, the sons of Zebedee.
The Burial of Jesus
57 As evening approached, Joseph, a rich man from Arimathea who had become a follower of Jesus, 58 went to Pilate and asked for Jesus’ body. And Pilate issued an order to release it to him. 59 Joseph took the body and wrapped it in a long sheet of clean linen cloth. 60 He placed it in his own new tomb, which had been carved out of the rock. Then he rolled a great stone across the entrance and left. 61 Both Mary Magdalene and the other Mary were sitting across from the tomb and watching.
His body was beaten, broken, and bruised for you and for me. I am so eternally thankful for this picture, because without it my life would be meaningless. Thank you sweet Jesus for sacrificing yourself!
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Thanks friends....you are truly a blessing!