Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Gardner Happenings

Well, it's been a while since my last post. I figured I would do one large update and get you all caught up in one post.

March:
Our life group embarked on a co-ed softball team. We are the Chase Oaks Slowpokes, and we live up to our name (or at least I do)  :)


April:

My cousin Natalie had her fairy tale wedding and married the man of her dreams.


We headed to Vegas for a weekend with Drew's parents. We saw the fountains, went to several shows, ate and ate some more, and gambled a little. It was a great weekend.



I turned another year older. We celebrated by dinner at Seasons 52 and going to wee Wicked (it was amazing)



May:

I went away with the life group girls to Rockwall for a weekend away. We had a great time eating and hanging out by the pool.


June was a boring month, I taught summer school...not so eventful.


July:

July has been a tremendously busy month. In the last two weeks, we have been to Boston, New Orleans, and Nebraska.

While in Boston we went and toured Fenway Park, it was a great tour and has some great history.




We headed to North End for a little Italian food and pastries.


I have been to Boston several times with Drew for business and we finally made it out to see Harvard.


We the proceeded to New Orleans where we stuffed our faces with amazing food, listened to Jazz music, and just wandered the crescent city.

Dinner at Dragos, Mmmm...broiled oysters

 Dinner at The Bombay Club listening to Jazz music


We finished our whirlwind of trips in Nebraska for Drew's cousin's wedding.
Her husband in a trucker, and they all brought their trucks. It was quite a sight driving up to the church.

All the cousins that came to the wedding.




  It's been a busy spring and summer, and there is more to come. I am a little sad that summer is coming to an end, I have definitely enjoyed my days off and getting to spend lunches with my hubby.



1 comment:

Christine said...

Ahh, Boston, how I miss it. We'll also be going to New Orleans later this year, so I guess now we'll have to plan a trip to Nebraska to complete the Gardner tour, lol. Looks like a fun spring/summer!