Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Olivia {4 months}


Baby girl,
How is it possible that you are 4 months already?!? It seems like just yesterday they placed you in my arms and I was forever a mommy! You light up our life sweet girl, you have a toothless grin that melts our heart. You are such a sweet girl, you are our little cuddle bug. I can't believe how big you are and I find myself each month saying "this stage is my favorite." I have loved watching you grow, develop, and discover. You are loved so much more than you could possibly imagine. I pray that you always know how loved you are, and that you are a beautiful, wonderful child of God and that your true beauty comes from Him.


Sleeping:
Well...we've hit a snag in our wonderful sleep schedule and we are experiencing sleep regression (I admit, not my favorite activity of yours). You went from sleeping midnight to 9:30 maybe even 10:30 to...midnight to 3, 4, or 5 am (depending on which time sounds best to you). I called the pediatrician and we have started you on rice cereal, I put a tablespoon in your last bottle at night. The first couple nights you had rice cereal, you slept until 7, but now you are a consistent 5 am. I change you and nurse you when you wake up and then you fall back asleep until 9 or 10. I am thankful for that, but I did really enjoy sleeping straight through. Hopefully once we start introducing food you'll go back to that, I definitely can tell that my milk alone is not satisfying you as long. You still have to be swaddled to sleep in your crib and you are happy to sleep on your back.


Eating:
We've had some bumps along the way, but I think we've finally got it down. I think when you started taking your nuk pacifier it changed your latch and getting you to nurse was a huge struggle! I got a nipple shield and you stay on and feed for 20 minutes which before was like 3 minutes of consecutive feeding on each side and then it was an off/on game and you were never happy or satisfied after eating. I still want to see a lactation consultant so maybe we can get back in the groove of things without the shield. We have added rice cereal to your diet in hopes to fill you up to get you to sleep longer it has helped since you aren't getting up at 3 or 4 anymore, you've been able to make it to 5. You still primarily nurse with a few bottles here and there and I have finally gotten more comfortable with nursing in public so I don't always have to have a bottle on hand.


New tricks/activities/accomplishments:
You LOVE to blow bubbles, you are quite the drool monster and you always need to have a bib. You have learned to blow raspberries and it will keep you occupied for quite some time. We will be driving and you'll be in the back seat blowing raspberries and your daddy and I turn down the radio just to listen to you. You also love to make gurgle noises, I think you like the way the vibration feels. You love to talk and coo! On 9/6/14 you made your first official giggle not just high pitched squeals. I was not able to get it on camera and you haven't done it again, but I can't wait for more it was such a sweet sound. And on 9/10 you discovered your feet, you don't stare at them yet or put them in your mouth, but you always have your legs curled up and you hold your feet in your hands.


Likes:
You like to be swaddled to sleep, playing on your play mat, being held, TV, bright colors and lights. You like everything in your mouth! You love music and being sung to. you enjoy being bounced, rocked, swayed, and patted (you pretty much like any kind of movement). You like sitting up on our laps and looking out at what is going on and you like your newest food, rice cereal.


Dislikes:
Being put down or left alone for too long. The baby bjorn (my solution to not putting you down although I think it's starting to grow on you). Being put in your carseat, but you enjoy the ride.


Other random facts:

  • You are a total momma's girl: you are happy and content in my arms, but if someone else wants to hold you and takes you away you instantly start crying (unless it's daddy).
  • You have a slight flair for the dramatics (I don't know where you get that from :)). You are happy one second and then we blink and you start to fuss (you're a fickle girl like the rest of us)!
  • You headed out to Aggieland for the second time this month and tailgated with Nana as we headed to the game. You got all dolled up in your Aggie gear and you loved people watching at the tailgate. I'm sure you will love coming to a game one day!

4 month facts:
Weight: 12 lb. 7 oz. (14%)
Length: 24 & 3/8 inches (40%)
Bedtime: Midnight, let's try to make it earlier before I head back to work!
Naps: noon for a couple hours, 4 pm you take a 45 minute nap, 6:30 about an hour & 1/2
Diapers: size 1
Clothes: 0-3 months, you have worn a few 3-6 month items (when we had a cool front come through), but they were still pretty big on you!






No comments: