Tuesday, April 7, 2009

So I have decided I am really bad about keeping everyone updated, but I am going to TRY! That is the key word. Well I figured I would give a year in review so far including last semester. I still live my life in semesters seeing as how I am still in college and also preparing to be a school teacher. My year will always be from fall to spring not January to December :)
Last September Drew got a job with a company called FM global he is working as a field engineer doing risk evaluations for different corporations. He was here in Dallas while I was back in good ol' College Station. I was living with Anna Cherry who was a wonderful roomate. That semseter with my sorority I got involved in songfest and we won!! I'll have to post pictures, it was awesome. I also was very busy with school I felt like it was project after project but I really felt that my creativity began to shine through in my work.
In February Drew and I bought our first house. I love the feeling of not wasting money on rent and...not feeling like we are moving in 2 years. It is nice to have a home. I also need to post pictures of our house but to be honest I haven't even taken any yet. I have been busy finishing up my college career with student teaching and today that day has come. I am done with college I just can't believe it. I have been in school for the last 5 years and now I'm done. It is wierd not being on campus anymore, going to all the games. I tell ya it is a very surreal feeling for me. So I am done but I still have to wait a month to graduate. It has all been worth it though, I will be graduating Cum Laude it has been something I have worked very hard for. May 16th is the big day and it will be official...I will be a college graduate.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Congrats on being done with school! It was weird for me too, but you'll get used to it! I love being able to come home from work at the end of the day and NOT have to think about it or study or anything like that - I can actually relax at home and focus on being a wife! I don't know if you will have that luxury being a teacher, but perhaps you will!

Claire said...

You are ALMOST done!! YAY!!! I know the feeling of graduating was done, if not a little scary, cause here comes the real world. We need to chat and catch up soon. LOVE YOU!