Sunday, September 20, 2009

Weekly Menu


So I am really excited about Monday nights dinner. My best friend Megan will be coming over for dinner so I will be making an old favorite poppy seed chicken. Now I was under the impression that poppy seed chicken was something that only fellow sound invention singers new about and possibly created, but I was wrong...there are a lot more people that know about this tastey dish than I though which is good because this amazingly bad for you dish should be passed on to the general public. This was a meal that we would eat before our sound invention shows in high school (this was our high school jazz choir). One mom each year would be in charge of making the recipe and handing it down year after year...I am very grateful that the recipe ended up in my hands...and I am going to share it with you!


Monday: Poppyseed Chicken

6 skinless boneless chicken breasts

1 cup of sour cream

1/4 cup water

2 rolls of ritz crackers crushed

2 cans of cream of chicken soup

2 cups shredded monetrey jack cheese

3 Tbs. poppy seeds

1 stick of butter melted


Boil chicken and shred, arrange in a 9 x 13 in. casserole dish. Season chicken to taste with salt and pepper. Stir together soup and water in a sauce pan over medium heat to remove the lumps, remove from heat and add sour cream. Stir in cheese and half of poppy seeds, our over chicken. Mix remaining poppyseeds and crushed ritz crackers with butter. Sprinkle over chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Sauce will thicken upon standing. Serves 6-8.


Now I usually make this with low fat/fat free sour cream and cheese and low sodium soup to make it a little healthier. Enjoy a nice comfort food meal!


Tuesday: Supreme Pizza with salad

Wednesday: Dinner with the Gates family

Thursday: Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and rolls

Friday: Hamburger helper with corn bread

Saturday: Breakfast with Drew (I'm going to make hobo pancakes...I'll tell you how the end up on saturday) I got yhis recipe from another friends blog. Croissant BLT's for lunch. Dinner with friends or family most likely.

Sunday: Lunch with the family, left overs for dinner.


No comments: