Sunday, September 27, 2009

Oktoberfest

Drew and I had a very enjoyable weekend. We started it off right with Friday night higschool football (practically a religion in Texas). We watched Drew's younger brothers beat the heck out of TCA (I think Texas Christian Academy). CCCA beat TCA 50 to 19! Go Cougars!

Saturday was spent getting the house spic and span...I really should post pictures (Saturday is always chore day around the house). Drew will be out of town all week so I am going to try and mow the yard just to let him rest this weekend. Saturday evening we went to Oktoberfest in McKinney while supporting our aggies with our aggie gear. We had a great time listening to polka music and doing the chicken dance. We ate bratwurst, sauerkraut, german potato salad, and pretzels (all the german fixings!). We even enjoyed some german rosted peanuts Yum. We had a great date night out, it was good to just have fun the two of us. And the cherry on top of our night was that the Ags beat the hell out of UAB 56 to 19.

Sunday we went to church with my parents and then enjoyed lunch at OTB with all my family for my Aunt's birthday. Drew and I have finally got our guest room set up. We found a comforter set and bed bath and beyond that we both agreed on, so all I need to do now is find some decorations for the room and it will be complete! Woo-hoo our house is coming together finally (we have only lived here for 8 months :/)

Weekly Menu
This week there is no weekly menu. Drew will be out of town all week, so I am on my own, there is no need or reason to make a dinner for one person. So I will be scrounging around the house for food and eating last weeks left overs.
Have a wonderful week,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Brittany Mader said...

Love your blog, Jen! Did you see our news?!! I was suffering from morning sickness and had a hard time keeping it a secret from y'all. So glad you came to visit! We had a blast! Brittany