Thursday, August 11, 2011

Poppy Seed Chicken

Tonight for dinner, I made poppy seed chicken...it is probably Drew's favorite meal and it brings me back to the days of Sound Invention (my high school show choir). I thought I would share the yummy goodness with you, keep in mind that this is comfort food there is nothing healthy about this meal.


Poppy Seed Chicken

Ingredients
6 skinless chicken breast
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup water
2 rolls of ritz crackers crushed
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
3 Tbs. poppy seeds
1 stick of butter melted

Cook chick and shred, arrange in casserole dish. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir together soup and water in sauce pan over medium heat to remove lumps. Remove from heat and add sour cream, stir in cheese and 1/2 of poppy seeds, pour over chicken. Mix remaining poppy seeds and crushed ritz crackers with butter. Sprinkle over chicken. Bake 30 minutes at 350*F. Sauce will thicken upon standing.
Serves 6-8


I halved the recipe for Drew and I, this meal is so tasty I'm sure you'll love it!

What is your favorite comfort food to make?


No comments: