Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year Resolutions



These are my resolutions from 2010, apparently I never made them last year. Here they are again with the updates.

1. To read the daily devotional provided by our church.

I didn't do so well on this one. I would occasionally read them, but I was never consistent.
2. To stay on top of the 365 couple devotional that Drew and I decided to do together.
We finished, but most nights we read a couple devotionals to complete it in the year that we started...I still don't think we finished it in a year.
3. Eat healthier and work out more regularly (shouldn't be hard since I don't ever work out).
ummm...not so good on this one, I had strong moments but a pretty weak year over all. Drew and I both lost a few pounds here or there on a diet plan that really worked, we just need to stick to it!
4. Get moving on my scrapbooking...I have all the stuff, it just sits in a closet.
I got one thing done, I made my sister an accordion picture album, it turned out really cute, but there is more I want to do.
5. Take more pictures

I've done a little better on this one, but a lot of times I forget to take out the camera...still a work in progress.
6. Blog more often and comment on peoples blogs...I love when people leave me comments, I'm sure my friends love getting comments too!
Sorry if you haven't gotten comments from me, I'm so bad at this. I want to continue to get better I've noticed the more I comment on others blogs, the more comments I get back.
7. Get the house clean and keep it clean on a regular basis (deep clean the closets)
Deep clean the closets= a negative. The house typically remains cleaner, but I could still get better. When I get busy with work is when it gets put on the back burner.
8. Finish decorating our house and put the tile in the bathrooms that we bought
Bathrooms are done, I do need to finish the guest room...Thanks for the Hobby Lobby gift card mom, it'll be put to good use!
9. Have more people over for dinner (I love having guests)
We definitely got this one right. We joined a life group at church and have made some AMAZING friends!
10. Get more involved in church and make more friends!
I would say we accomplished this one as well. We became leaders for Financial Peace University (we love helping people get on the path to financial freedom), and we joined a life group!



2012 New Years Resolutions

1. Live a healthier lifestyle...eat healthier and workout=lose weight
2. Actually create the pins I have on Pinterest (food, clothes, and decorating)
3. Organize, go through all closets and drawers and clean them out. Get rid of things we don't need!
4. Spend more time in the Word, building accountability, and strengthening my foundation in Christ. (Both Drew and I share this goal as individuals and as a couple).
5. Be a better wife and friend (which I think will be accomplished from goal number 4).
6. Blog more consistently and timely (I still have life group Christmas pictures to post).


1 comment:

Meghan said...

Hey lady! I joined the gym over in the Mcdonalds/Starbucks parking lot - Texas Family Fitness I think? Anyway, if you wanted to join a gym it's pretty cheap because it doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles. I agree about commenting on other people's blogs/blogging more often, I need to do that too - hence this comment :)