Saturday, February 4, 2012

5th Anniversary Trip Part 4: Las Vegas

For the last leg of our trip Drew and I headed to Nevada (the silver state) to see Las Vegas...we got in around mid night and the lights were amazing (both first timers here). We stayed at the New York New York for night one, and I loved it. I really enjoyed the changing scenery and feels of New York.





The Strip. I loved all the bright lights. Drew and I are not gamblers, but I want to go again to see more shows and just explore more!



Early the first morning in Vegas we headed to the local airpoirt to hop on a helicopter and view the Grand Canyon (it was Drew's big surprise for me). I was a little apprehensive being the motion sick person that I am, but it was smooth sailing (flying).




We flew over and saw the Hoover Dam, but we never got around to seeing it in person.



Then we flew into the Grand Canyon, (a 3-4 hour drive that took 45 minutes).



We landed down in the canyon and enjoyed a tasty breakfast and champagne



It was absolutely beautiful, such a grand surprise



That afternoon we got back to the strip and explored the world literally, we saw Paris, Venice, Egypt, and Rome



Our second night we stayed at the Venician/Palazzo, here is a view of the beautiful suit.



That night we went and saw the Phantom of the Opera...AH-Mazing. The Venician has a theater that they built (4o Million) specifically for Phantom. It was beautiful!



Music and performances just have a way to my heart and I was in tears by the end of the show it was that good. The two of us by te fountain at the end.
We had a wonderful 5th anniversary and trip to go with it. I look forward to many more years to come and wonderful trips as well.

No comments: