Sunday, May 6, 2012

Turning 26

Well I am now on the downhill track to 30 :) I heard it said a couple of times on my birthday that I am now closer to 30 than 20, then my husband informed me I am closer to 50 than 0. But don't worry, my birthday was not a depressing event, I actually had a wonderful fun filled weekend with family and friends. And yes, I said weekend not day.

The day started out with cinnamon rolls and a beautiful gift from my hubby, he had our wedding pictured made into a leather bound flush mounted album, it is absolutely beautiful...he did good.

That evening we headed out to church and then went to dinner at Macaroni Grill with some of a great friends. It was a good time, but sadly there are no pictures to follow.

Saturday night was the big event...we had been working hard all day on a church service project, but I knew Drew had surprise plans for the evening (but I didn't know how big). I knew we were going to be outside, so I knew how to dress. When we were staying in our town and headed toward the mall, I knew that we were headed to our minor league baseball stadium. I was thinking "This will be fun, the weather is perfect, and we haven't been to a baseball game in a while." Not long after we sat down in our seats, our good friends the Goodwyn's came by and I thought, "Random, but they're big baseball fans so I can see that they would come to the game." UNTIL my friend Mindy came by and said "hey!" Then the surprise was out. Drew and been planning for 2 months to get all our friends out to the game and surprise me and man did they ever. He had 12 of our great friends come out to the game and surprise me. We had a wonderful time. Here's a picture of the girls.

On Sunday we went to Babes for dinner with my family, one word yumilicious! We headed to my parents for cake and presents and my mom made me a delicious strawberry and lemonade cake (thanks pinterest)!

My wonderful in-laws had a beautiful gift basket for me complete with a bottle of wine, gift cards, a wine topper, a cute shirt, and candle holders.

I completed my 3 day weekend with getting a birthday pedi with my mom and going to see The Lucky One.

Like I said early it was a GREAT weekend!

No comments: