Thursday, June 28, 2012

Answer to Prayer

It has been a long three years since graduation, each spring bringing anticipation of getting a teaching job and then pain and disappointment of being rejected. Through that pain, God has taught me some very valuable life lesson on being patient and waiting on his perfect timing. Although this past three years have been hard for me (as I seem to find my value in the job I have), I would not change them for the world. During the three years Drew and I paid off all our student loans with an inconsistent salary on my side, God always provided a job for me, and he placed valuable people in my path to mentor me and help mold me into the teacher I am today.

I am blessed beyond belief, and praise God for his provision and grace in my life. His timing is truly perfect. I am going to be working with a wonderful team, teaching Special Education in my neighborhood school (a minute and a half drive y'all), and I couldn't be more excited. I knew when this school opened 2 years ago that I was going to work there, of course my plan was the year that it opened, but God knew I had more growing to do. Pray BIG and God answers BIG!

Have you praised God for his perfect timing in your life?

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I love this post Jennifer! Substitute the word "mother" for "teacher" and that's the phase of life I'm in, desperately wanting to become a mother, but I'm still waiting and waiting with no end in sight. You have helped encourage me to continue praying BIG and hopefully God will answer BIG (hopefully not literally...that might hurt). I'm so happy for you, and thankful God answered your prayer so specifically and that you are excited to be a teacher. I'm sure you will carry a deeper sense of gratitude and appreciation for your job than other teachers who did not have to wait so long. Good luck this year!!