Sunday, August 12, 2012

And...FLOP!

Last night I tried making Paella (a Spanish dish) for the first and last time ever. Needless to say it was a big flop, and I will be leaving it to the pros for the making. Unfortunately I got busy talking with my good friend Jenn who came over for dinner and I wasn't paying attention and the bottom turned completely black! I burned dinner and this is not common practice for me and I was filled with disappointment. To top it off, the rice was not finished cooking and no one likes crunchy rice. Everyone politely ate the dinner, but the leftovers were thrown out, which was a shame that it was not so good, because the flavor was delish. If you are brave and decide to try it out, or Mediterranean cooking is your forte then be my guest. The recipe was from Tyler Florence, his Ultimate Paella!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Darn, too bad it didn't work! I'd love a good paella recipe. It was a favorite of ours in Spain! We should definitely do dinner again, maybe before things start getting busy with school. I'm anxious to hear about your upcoming teaching position! You're going to be amazing!

The Aggie Gardners said...

Thanks Kristin! Definitely, Lets plan a day.