Sunday, October 4, 2009

Weekly Menu
I won't be doing much for dinner this week. I won't have anyone to cook for until Thursday night. Several months ago Drew and I got a Costco membership and we finally used it today! We stocked up on meat for dinners :) but here is what I have planned from Thursday night on...
Monday- Hanging out with Natalie (teaching her how to be the perfect house wife...so she says)
Tuesday & Wednesday- eating whatever I can find
Thursday- Asian chicken with fried rice.
I got this recipe from my aunt and it is delicious.
2 chicken breasts (just because it is me and Drew)
a couple of TBS of soy sauce and garlic salt (I just eyeball it to my desired amount!)
Merinate the chicken in the soy sauce and garlic salt and a little bit of pepper for about a half hour. Grill chicken.
For the rice-
4 strips of bacon chopped and cooked (keep drippings)
1 cup of white rice
1/2 cup of frozen peas
about 4 Tbs of green onion
soy sauce
1 egg
cook rice according to package. In a pan cook the bacon, then fry the rice in the bacon grease. In a seperate pan scramble the egg. To the rice and bacon add peas, green onion, and eggs. Add desired amount of soy sauce and enjoy!
Friday- Football game, Drew's brothers are playing Legacy Christian Academy, who canyon creek beat last year in the state championship game! Go Cougars!
Saturday-
Breakfast- Pumpkin bread french toast.
I got a box of pumpkin bread mix at costco today so I am going to make the bread and then cook it like french bread. It will be served with awesome maple syrup.
Lunch- Baby shower for the Lovelace's
Dinner- Oven Roasted butternut squash ravioli with Brown butter sage sauce.
I got the ravioli from costco and the sauce recipe was on the back
Sauce:
4 Tbs. butter
4 Tbs. of fresh sage
salt and pepper to taste
grated parmesan
Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Stir in sage and continue to cook until butter becomes frothy and sage becomes crisp (8-10 minutes). Add salt and pepper to taste. Spoon warm sauce over pasta, sprinkle with paremsan cheese.
Sunday- I'm hoping that we can go to the fair this afternoon...we shall see
Lunch: Out with the family
Dinner: French dip sandwiches

1 comment:

Christine said...

We're going to the Lovelace's shower too!