Sunday, November 8, 2009

Pumpkin Extravaganza

This is a little dated, but on the Thursday before halloween Drew and I had a pumpkin extravaganza date night. We had such a wonderful time hanging out. It was a night all about the gourd. For dinner I had made butternut squash ravioli it was really tasty. Then we brought our pumkins in and turned on Young Frankenstein (you cannot have a pumpkin date night and not watch a halloween movie). I think this was Drew's first time carving a pumpkin because he had a few questions on what to do...but he quickly got the hang of it. We really had fun carving pumpkins, Drew was creative and I used an outline (I'm a perfectionist). After carving pumpkins we desplayed them on our pourch for all the world to see. We spent the rest of the night watching Young Frankenstein, making pumpkin chocolate chip cookies www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/george-duran/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-cookies-recipe/index.html and raosting pumpkin seeds. It was such a fun pumpkin filled night! Lots of pictures :)

Drew getting ready to carve his pumpkin
I'm ready too

Yucky pumpkin guts!


Working hard on my pumpkin

He's carving away

The finished products
On the pourch

Drew went traditional, I went aggie...Saw 'em off Ags!



Drew making yummy cookies
The finished product (The recipe is at the beginning of the blog)
Roasted pumpkin seeds!


No comments: