Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Blind Side


This last weekend Drew and I were in Boston and while we were there we went and saw The Blind Side. Hands down it was one of the best movies I have seen in a while. I don't know what it is about football movies but they are always inspirational and heartwarming. It was one of those movies that when I left I felt good and happy. I wanted to help someone. Most movies now-a-days leave you feeling kind of slimy/filthy or scared. There are very few wholesome movies that come out today and this was definitely one of the good ones. I definitely recommend this one if you are looking for a good movie that is clean. It is based on a true story that happend recently (within the last 7 years). I really want to read the book that the movie is based on. Ok so the summary,


It is a movie about a low, low income black boy who really has no home or place to stay. He gets accepted in to a private Christian school based on his size and possible athletic potential. On a cold night he is stopped by Leigh Anne (Sandra Bullock) and asked to stay at her family's house. As the movie goes on you see the relationship develop between Michael (Quinton Aaron) and Leigh Ann. It is amazing an story on how people's lives are changed by the people they meet. Sandra Bullocks performance in this movie was in my opinion one of her best performances!

No comments: