Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Week in Review

As you can see I have been a horrible blogger the last two weeks, my excuses... 1. Spring break (I'll post later) 2. I've just been super busy! So here is what went on this last week.


Meal Planning Monday:

I really did not do a whole lot this week because Drew was out of town (it is no fun to cook for myself) and then other nights I have been working my second job at Ann Taylor Loft. There was one meal I made this week and I made it on Thursday, I really liked it and I think I will make it again sometime.
Baked chicken tender salad with homemade ranch.
I used this recipe for the chicken http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/baked-chicken-tenders/

The contents of the salad:
Mixed greens
blackbean and corn pico de gallo (store bought)
hidden valley ranch dressing packet (follow directions...very good).

Next time I make it I will make the black bean and corn salsa from scratch and add avacado.


Tickle me Tuesday:

I think that I am going to have to change my alliteration here, because I don't have kids I don't usually have a funny story to share. And for some reason my students don't come up with too many funny things or I forget because I didn't write them down (they are only 3 and 4). So I will be thinking and will keep you posted.

There is something I just remembered that happend at school this week. I was walking two of my students down the the motor lab (like a gym) and they were holding hands to stay together.

Student #1 says to students # 2: Hey what are you thinking about?
Student #2: Fire trucks
Student #1: Oh I like fire trucks, they're red. I'm holding your hand so you don't fall.
Me: Oh that is so nice to do for your friends.
Student #1: Yeah, you can ride a bike with me but don't take my red bike.

It made me chuckle that he wanted to help keep his friend from falling and they were in conversation together about fire trucks...but he most certainly could not take his red bike. Kids are so funny!


Wordless Wednesday:


Crested Butte 2010


Thankful Thursday:

I am thankful for my job working with students, they definitely brighten my day. It is fun learning and exploring with them and just getting to be goofy and silly. Children are such a blessing they are so real and innocent. I love that I get to spend my days with 17 wonderful Pre-K students.

Please pray:
I am currently working as a classroom aide, but I am hoping to find a full time teaching position for the next school year. My heart is Kindergarten or Pre-K. I find myself getting discouraged that I won't find a job next year and I would love to have my own classroom especially since that is what I went to school for. Please pray that God will provide me with the perfect opportunity.


Show me your life Friday:

So today I thought I would share a little about my job...teaching Pre-K students! This last week and next week we have been talking about farms. The students absolutely love it! Well on fridays we make a special snack because we have a kitchen in our classroom. Since we had been talking about farms we decided to make butter because milk comes from cows, and with the milk we make butter, ice cream, yogurt, and cheese. The kids loved it!

Butter Recipe:
1 tall tupperware container
Heavy whipping cream
Salt

Fill the container about 1/2- 3/4 full, then shake. We had the students take turns shaking because it takes about 10 minutes. Dump out the butter milk and then mix in some salt and you have homemade butter.

While the students were shaking we played lots of songs so they could dance and shake to the beat of the music. I love that we get to make food and try new things with the students. It is such a fun time of learning. We made biscuits and had them with our homemade butter, jelly, and honey. Here are some pictures (sorry they're not that great because I can't post pictures of my studnets).
Shaking the whipping creamSpreading butter on their biscuits
Getting honey and jelly
The final product after shaking the cream...Butter!

What do you love about your job?

No comments: