Monday, September 5, 2011

Delicious birthday dinner

For Drew's birthday dinner, I made PW's chicken fried steak and creamy mashed potatoes

Making chicken fried steak is messy, not just breading it but man the oil got EVERYWHERE!

For dinner I made chicken fried steak, creamy mashed potatoes, and fried okra...Drew LOVED it!
For dessert I made Mikey's creamy peanut butter pie recipe
I did just as Jennie said, "make a peanut butter pie this Friday and share it with someone you love. Then hug them like there's no tomorrow because today is the only guarantee we can count on."
I doesn't look very pretty, but it tasted yummy...I tried to melt peanut butter chips to put on top, but they don't melt like chocolate does.
Drew LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the peanut butter pie...anything with peanut butter in it is his favorite.

3 comments:

a said...

That looks DELICIOUS!! :) Great job! :)

Meghan said...

Yum! That all looks SO GOOD! Bryan loves pb pie too - I have to make it at least once a month for him :) Maybe we can trade recipes!

The Cherrys' said...

Looks so yummy! Did it make your house smell? I have found cooking in the oil makes the house smell a little.

Hope you guys are doing well. Wish we could have come Sunday to watch the game. We did not get the email until Monday or we would have been there.