Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Then and Now


Then...My little sister (spunky, creative, smart, marches to the beat of her own drum), then, 13. We spent many a day arguing over our vast differences. Me the oober girly one, her the free spirit and peace maker. I never thought the day would come that we would get along. She was the talkative one, "I don't know you, but let me get to know you," I was the quiet, keep to myself type. She was the artistic, creative one, I was the music one. I loved fashion, she could care less. We were total opposites!

Today and Now, she is 22 years old and an absolutely beautiful woman of God. God has placed a passion in her heart to serve Him and His people in Brazil working with the poorest of the poor. He opened the doors and her heart to meet the man of her dreams who also shares that same love and passion for the Lord. She is still creative, spunky, smart, and a free spirit. Today I notice as age no longer seems to be so distant that we have more in common than I ever imaged possible and a friendship has begun to bud into something wonderful.

Elizabeth, I am so proud of the wonderful woman that you have become. I am blessed to be your older sister. I look forward to what the future and God have in store for your life. Have a very happy and blessed 22nd birthday!

No comments: