Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years Resolution


Each year I have made lists of resolutions that I have wanted to accomplish and as each year came to a close, I would look back and see that most of the things on that list were incomplete and consequently making me feel like a failure. This year will be different, I have one goal, one resolution.


  • To be more joyful, by finding the blessings and gifts that God places in my life on a daily basis and giving thanks for those blessings. My goal is Eucharisteo- "Eucharisteo, thanksgiving, envelopes the Greek word for grace, charis. But it also holds its derivative, the Greek word chara, meaning "joy." Charis. Grace. Eucharisteo. Thanksgiving. Chara. Joy." Ann Voskamp
Resolutions are goals and goals have to be measurable. This last year I read Ann Voskamp's 1,000 Gifts and it was an amazing read. To make my goal this year measurable, I want to write 1,000 gifts or blessings for the year 2014, which breaks down to about 3 gifts a day.


I believe that if I count my blessings and give thanks to God for what he provides, it will make me a more joyful person and having joy in my life will hit every aspect of my life. I will find joy in myself as a person, a wife, a mother. I will find joy in my spouse, in my house, family, every blessing provided from God. I think it will make my typical resolutions of being healthy, knowing God more fully, being a better wife, more financially responsible all fall into place because I have found true joy.

No comments: