Friday, March 14, 2014

5 on Friday



My five favorite things right now

1. Spa water a.k.a homemade vitamin water. I really love water with a little extra natural flavor. I like to add sliced strawberries and lime to a pitcher and fill it with water. I wait for the flavor to infuse in the water and then enjoy!

2. Spinach salad with homemade balsamic vinaigrette. I like to mix it up, but the basics are spinach, cheese, nuts, craisens, chopped fuit...yum!

1/4 C. balsamic vinigar
1/2 C. extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbs. dijon mustard
1 clove of garlic smashed
brown sugar to taste
fresh ground pepper
Shake and enjoy on salad.

3. A Woman and Her God by Beth Moore. It has been a very good read that has given me a lot of insight to my personality and where to find true joy.

4. Extra virgin coconut oil- oh so many possibilities...I love to use it in the shower as body wash/moisturizer and face wash. It's also great for stretch marks and as my belly gets bigger I'm loving that!

5. Sparkly Green Earrings by Melanie Shankle...it is her funny stories of parenting. I really enjoyed the book, she has another book The Antelope in the Living Room about marriage. Check her out, she is the author of the big mamma blog.


No comments: