Saturday, May 17, 2014

38 Weeks


how far along? 38 weeks
how are you measuring? Baby G is measuring at 39 weeks
size of baby? Size of a pumpkin
heartbeat? 144 BPM at our last appointment
total weight gain/loss? +14 Ibs.
maternity clothes? All the way
stretch marks? A few, more have popped up recently
sleep? What is that? I feel like I toss and turn all night, then get up to go to the bathroom. I wake up for work utterly exhausted and then spend my afternoons napping.
best moment this week? Drew and I are ready to go, everything is packed and in the car, the car seat is in, and we have the pack N play ready to go!
movement? This baby is a mover and a groover. After dinner I'm supposed to do my kick counts and I'm looking for 10 in 2 hours, I think I get 10 in 10 minutes! Plus they hiccup all the time!
food cravings? I'm still not caring about food, but I must be eating more junk since I packed on the pounds again in a week! I had a green smoothie this morning and it was delicious!
gender predictions? We will find out May 26th!
what i miss? Getting comfortable, I know when the baby comes, sleep will be a dream of the distant past, but atleast when I do get it I'll be much more comfortable.
what i'm looking forward to? Meeting Baby G. and enjoying the last little bit of just me and Drew time that we will have for awhile.
how are you feeling? I'm definitely getting more and more nervous, but not necessarily about having a baby but about being a good mom. That has really been freaking me out a lot lately, I've just been thinking a lot about the fruits of the spirit, the proverbs 31 woman, and what 1 Corinthians says on love and I'm constantly questioning, "do I exude those qualities daily?" I don't feel like I do, and that definitely has me questioning my ability to be a good model of what a Godly woman and mother looks like.
I'm also getting a little sad as we are in the single digits until D-day. I'm looking forward to meeting and holding Baby G., but this time has also been so precious. I spend time distracted watching my belly move or feeling the movements and kicks of Baby G, I know I'm looking forward to comfort, but I know I will miss this time. I can't believe my pregnancy is almost over and I'm a little sad. I don't know if I always enjoyed these moments as much as I should have. Sorry for the sappiness, in the past few days I've defintely gotten more emotional. 

No comments: