Friday, February 12, 2010

The Snowy Day

I think that yesterday brought out the kids in all of us. Especially me, I couldn't help it but at work I think I watched out the window with my students more than teach (who could) and I desperately wanted to be out in the snow playing. I was actually pretty glad we had school yesterday...we didn't do much "teaching" but we had a lot of fun experiencing the snow. I loved being a little kid with my pre-k students. We had a huge snowball fight and even built a snow man. I spent my day at school being chased around the playground by 8 4 and 5 year olds trying to hit me with a snowball. We headed inside to dry off and made hot chocolate. I think the kids had a great day and I did too. My fun didn't stop there, when I got home I begged my husband to go play out in the snow with me!
Our house...this picture was taken today after all the snow had fallen. It was a record day for DFW over 11 inches of snow!
Our neighborhood covered in snow

I told you snow turned me into a kid...making snow angels!
The dogs even had fun in the snow...chasing eachother around.

Buttercup (our dog) catching a snowball and smashing it into smithereans. I think she looks like a whale jumping out of the ocean.
Here is Lucy (my parent's dog) trying to get s snowball. She didn't get it though because her eye/ snout coordination is not very good.

Buttercup going after another snowball...she loves ice cubes for a treat...so she went through the yard eating the snow (unlimited ice)

1 comment:

Christine said...

Wow, it's so beautiful! Buttercup reminds me of Ginger with the way she jumps to catch things. She's like a pogo stick!