Saturday, January 30, 2010

BBQ Sausage and Frozen Broccoli

The other night I made BBQ Suasage and Broccoli for dinner (which was in my meal plans). I thought I would post how to make them, and how they turned out. I have made them before and they we absolutely delicious!


I usually buy the "U" shaped smoked sausage...but this was cheaper
Slice the sausage in half length and width...to end up with about 3 inch long pieces

Brown sausage in skillet...I don't add anything to it (no butter or oil)


Add about 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce...we love sweet baby rays original
Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes...flip occasionally

Finished sausage

BROCCOLI
Heat a tbs. of olive oil in skillet add desired amount of garlic and red pepper flakes.
Heat until oil is infused. We love garlic!

Add about a cup of frozen broccoli

Cook until warm...I still like mine crispy (about 8 minutes on medium) I cover them to let the steam do some of the work. Top with parmesan cheese.

Serve with mashed potatoes.

Ingredients:
1 package of smoked sausage
1/4 of BBQ sause (I eyeball it and use how much I like)


Frozen broccoli (1 cup)
1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
1-2 cloves of garlic (but I do more because we like garlic) So do what you like
a couple pinches of red pepper flakes (I like it spicy though)
Handful of grated parmesan cheese

No comments: